Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the inspection and damage assessment step is complete, the water extraction process begins. Our SERVPRO of North Portland/ West Hawthrone technicians work to remove the majority of the water using specialized equipment. Using powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units that can quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property, helps start off the water damage restoration process correctly. It is crucial to remove excess water first so that materials have excess water removed and less damage occurs. For instance, before you can begin to dry carpet or padding it is important to remove as much water as possible. As soon as excess water is removed setting up drying equipment begins with the use of the latest drying technology.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of North Portland / West Hawthorne can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.